READY TO SUPPORT YOUR FOSTER PARENTS WITHOUT HIRING NEW STAFF?
Proudly based in Colorado, we will travel anywhere to kickstart your program.
The idea is simple: match one foster family with one (trained & vetted) Helper to bring dinner once a month.
Our Family Helper matching program gives your group:
- Custom Foster Together website and branding (if outside of Colorado)
- Recruitment & application materials
- Full rights to our unique online volunteer training
- Training for your staff
WE'RE HERE TO MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER
Whether you're a:
- Program manager looking to retain your foster parents
- Faith or community leaders looking for a simple way to help kids in foster care
- Go-getter foster parent ready to improve quality of care in your area
We can help you kickstart and customize our family matching program.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE
We built this structure on the ethos of listening to the wisdom of each member of the foster care process:
- foster parents (both seasoned providers & millennial foster parents)
- former foster youth & reunified families
- adoptive parents and children
- agency employees
- intellectual and faith leaders, both historic and current
OLD PROBLEM. NEw SOLUTION.
You've seen it. We've seen it. Programs that "ask for feedback" (hello, committees and complaint sessions!) but are too busy to put requests into action.
This is the simplest way to give foster families what they've been asking for: practical, hands-on, load-sharing support.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH VOLUNTEERS?
We've noticed that almost everyone wants to help kids in foster care but:
- They don't know how to navigate the system
- They don't have time to foster
- Program staff doesn't have time to plug them in with an opportunity
Rather than let foster families miss out on willing helpers, we created a structure to make it easy for you to plug them in, simply asking for the committment of dropping of one meal a month to the same family.
FOSTER CARE FOR A NEW GENERATION
People are tired of red tape and impersonal systems. Through our neighbor-training, foster parent orientation, and stories (which you'll receive rights to re-publish), we'll showcase your awareness of ethical, empathetic, culturally-vibrant child welfare. Each part of our program highlights:
- Family preservation
- Racial and economic justice
- Trauma-informed care
- A well-rounded life and millennial values for the current generation of foster youth and foster parents